Supermarket Employee Day | 2.22.21
Celebrating Our Supermarket Heroes Together: February 22, 2021!
The Iowa Grocery Industry Association is joining forces with FMI (The Food Industry Association) in proclaiming February 22, 2021, Supermarket Employee Day!
Please consider using any of the handy resources provided by FMI and IGIA below to make Supermarket Employee Day a special day to honor your employees.
Consider celebrating all that you and your employees do to serve your communities day-in and day-out. Your role as essential workers providing critical food and supplies to Iowans throughout the pandemic deserves recognition and gratitude. Please shine a light on the importance of you and your employees with any or all of the suggested activities you find here.
- Help your customers to join in the celebration by printing posters from FMI to hang in your entryway or near check stands. This raises awareness so your customers can express their appreciation too.
- Consider sending out the customizable press release found below to your local tv, radio and newspaper to help shine a light on our industry and its dedicated employees.
- Make employees feel special by printing stickers or having buttons made that they can wear starting now through February 22 (templates provided by FMI). We've also provided artwork from FMI below for a window cling that could be provided to employees for their vehicles or to place on windows and mirrors in your store.
- Print out the photo booth props below (provided by IGIA) to create a photo area where employees can take pictures and post them on social media using the hashtags: #supermarketemployeeday #supermarkethero
- Provide a special treat for your employees on 2.22.21. Use any of the sample artwork below to decorate cookies, cakes or cupcakes. Make sure to document your activities with lots of photos. Send your photos and a brief description to Ann Seuferer, Anns@iowagrocers.com for sharing in the Iowa Grocer magazine and the IGIA social media channels.
- Post any of the fun infographics provided by FMI below on your store social media pages and be sure to use the hashtags: #supermarketemployeeday #supermarkethero
- Create a round-up donation on Supermarket Employee Day for a local COVID-relief effort on behalf of Supermarket Employees. (For example, a donation for restaurant workers, local food bank or other groups hit hard by the pandemic.)
- Consider printing out and framing a copy of Governor Kim Reynolds' proclamation declaring February 22, 2021, Supermarket Employee Day!
Supermarket Employee Day Resources
Posters (11 x 17 & 8.5 x 11)
Stickers (circle & oval)