MARY I. FITZGERALD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Sponsored by the Iowa Grocers Education Foundation through the Iowa Grocery Industry Association
For the 2018-2019 Academic Year
The Iowa Grocers Education Foundation (IGEF) will award $1,800 scholarships to students who are children of full-time employees or $1,000 scholarships to students who are full-time or part-time employees of firms that are members of the Iowa Grocery Industry Association (IGIA).
Who is Eligible?
High school seniors, college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are:
- Sons or daughters of full-time employees of firms that are members of the IGIA. The parent must have been employed for at least two years as of January 1, 2018.
- Employees (full-time or part-time) who are full-time students employed by firms that are members of the IGIA. Applicants must have worked a minimum of 300 hours during the 6-month period between July 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
Scholarship winners will be chosen by the Scholarship Selection Committee of the Iowa College Foundation and notified in April. Winners must enroll in college in the fall of 2018 and must be attending college full-time in the year in which the scholarships are awarded and continue in school for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service.
Scholarships Available to Students Meeting the IGEF Program Eligibility
- 50 – F. William Beckwith Scholarships ($2,000)
- 10 – Iowa Grocers Education Foundation Scholarships ($1,800)
- 10 – Iowa Grocers Education Foundation Scholarships ($1,000)
- 5 – Iowa Beverage Systems Scholarships ($1,000)
- 3 – Dietrich Family Scholarships ($500)
- 3 – Beckwith Foundation Scholarships ($2,000)
- 2 – JW’s Foods Scholarships ($750)
- 2 – Mueller Yurgae Associates Scholarships ($1,000)
- 2 – Perishable Distributors of Iowa Scholarships ($500)
- 1 – Grocery Manufacturers Association Scholarship ($500)
- 1 – Ken Uglum Memorial Scholarship ($500)
- 1– Mary I. Fitzgerald Scholarship ($1,800)
- 1– Robert G. Carper, Jr. Scholarship ($1,800)
Download a scholarship poster.
Applicants must complete and submit the online application by March 1, 2018, to be considered for a scholarship. The Iowa College Foundation (address below) must also have received an up-to-date transcript by March 1, 2018, or earlier, for any applicant to be considered for a scholarship. An official transcript may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The March 1, 2018, deadline is very strict. No applications submitted after this date will be considered.
Please mail or email up-to-date transcripts to Iowa College Foundation: 505 5th Avenue, Suite 1034 | Des Moines, Iowa 50309 | Phone: 515-282-0473 | Fax: 515-282-9508 | Email: emailed to email@example.com. Mailed transcripts must be postmarked by March 1, 2018.