MARY I. FITZGERALD SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Sponsored by the Iowa Grocers Education Foundation through the Iowa Grocery Industry Association
(Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now open. The deadline to apply is March 15, 2021.)
The Iowa Grocers Education Foundation (IGEF) will award $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors and undergraduate students who are children of full-time employees or $1,500 scholarships to students who are full-time or part-time employees of firms that are members of the Iowa Grocery Industry Association (IGIA).
Who is Eligible?
High school seniors, college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who are:
- Sons or daughters of full-time employees of firms that are members of the IGIA. The parent must have been employed for at least two years as of January 1, 2021.
- Employees (full-time or part-time) who are full-time students employed by firms that are members of the IGIA. Applicants must have worked a minimum of 300 hours during the 6-month period between July 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
Scholarship winners will be chosen by a selection committee of an independent scholarship management service provider and notified in April. Winners must enroll in college in the fall of 2021 and must be attending college full-time in the year in which the scholarships are awarded and continue in school for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service. Official transcripts should be mailed to Iowa Grocery Industry Association, 2540 106th St., Suite 102, Urbandale, IA 50322 or emailed to: email@example.com.
Scholarships Available to Students Meeting the IGEF Program Eligibility
- 50 – Fareway Family Scholarships ($2,000)
- 12 – Iowa Grocers Education Foundation Scholarships ($2,000)
- 12 – Iowa Grocers Education Foundation Scholarships ($1,500)
- 3 – Beckwith Foundation Scholarships ($2,000)
- 2 – Cylinder Express Scholarships ($500)
- 2 – JW’s Foods Scholarships ($750)
- 2 – Mueller Yurgae Associates Scholarships ($1,000)
- 2 – Perishable Distributors of Iowa Scholarships ($500)
- 1 – Dietrich Family Scholarship ($1,500)
- 1 – Grocery Manufacturers Association Scholarship ($500)
- 1 – Jack Grolmus Memorial Scholarship ($1,000)
- 1 – Jerry Thede Scholarship ($1,000)
- 1 – Ken Uglum Memorial Scholarship ($500)
- 1 – Mary I. Fitzgerald Scholarship ($1,800)
- 1 – Robert G. Carper, Jr. Scholarship ($1,800)
Download a scholarship poster.