IGIA Women's Network
Established in March 2014, the Iowa Grocery Industry Association Women’s Network represents women affiliated with the food industry. The organization is a valuable resource for industry professionals, providing educational events, mentor relationships, leadership skills, networking opportunities and community involvement.
The IGIA Women’s Network offers high-quality professional development, opportunities to lead and a strong network of support to advance women in the food industry.
- Education — support career development and personal growth, as well as encourage lifelong learning.
- Mentoring — promote the exchange of ideas, create opportunities for interaction among its members and encourage professional relationships with industry peers.
- Leadership — provide events and resources to enhance leadership skills as well as offer opportunities to put these skills into practice.
- Networking — encourage members to meet and connect so they may build a strong personal and professional network of industry peers who are facing similar challenges and opportunities.
- Service — foster community involvement, contribute to local non-profit organizations and promote strong community relationships.
The IGIA Women’s Network partners with IGIA member companies to host a variety of events throughout the year. Events such as motivational speaker presentations, half-day training sessions, networking opportunities, leadership activities and community involvement projects are complimentary or kept low-cost for members.
Group Featurers Outstanding Speakers
The group has featured many outstanding speakers, check out the list below:
- Joey Beech, Author of Girl’s Guide to Personal Finance
- Miriam Erickson Brown, AE Dairy President/CEO
- Lisa Oakes, Iowa State University Lecturer at the Greenlee School of Journalism and Communication
- Lisa Hermann, Kum & Go Continuous Improvement Senior Consultant
- Ginny Wilson-Peters, Integrity Integrated President and leadership coach
- Niki DePhillips, Kum & Go Senior Vice President of Store Development AND Kirk Tyler, Atlantic Coca-Cola Bottling Company Chairman & CEO | January 24, 2017
- One Brain Wellness Presentation – Erin Kiernan and Sonya Heitshusen (Half Day Educational Seminar) | June 8, 2017
- Jennie Baranczyk, Drake University Head Women’s Basketball Coach | October 17, 2017
- Reynolds Cramer, Fareway CEO | January 26, 2016
- Jill DeBok, Pepsi Beverages Company (Half Day Educational Seminar) | April 12, 2016
- Women’s Leader Panel (Roxanne Kanne-Roush, Vice President, Training and Development for Fareway Stores, Inc., Diane Ramsey, Chief Executive Officer for the Iowa Women Lead Change (IWLC), Narmina Wood, Vice-President, Credit Card Product Manager for Wells Fargo, Brenda Neville, President & CEO for Iowa Motor Truck Association) | September 28, 2016
- Deb Scott, Consultant for PI Midwest | November 8, 2016
- Judy A. Bradshaw, Iowa Law Enforcement Academy assistant director and former Des Moines Police Department chief of police | Tuesday, January 13, 2015
- Mary O’Keefe, consultant and retired senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Principal Financial Group | Tuesday, April 14, 2015
- Mary B. Sellers, president, United Way of Central Iowa | Tuesday, June 9, 2015
- Donna Tweeten, Hy-Vee Inc. senior vice president, chief marketing officer | Tuesday, September 29, 2015
- Iowa Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds | Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Rose Kleyweg Mitchell, senior vice president of governmental affairs for Hy-Vee Inc. until her retirement in October of 2013 | Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- Sandy Hatfield Clubb, Drake University athletic director | Wednesday, September 24, 2014